Monday, October 19, 2009

The End Kickstarts a New Beginning

After many a month of screening, scheduling, planning and execution,Royal Flush Festival has finally come to an end. Since April, I have been working on the programming department, and I gotta say, as much as I love movies, I was on film overload for most of the summer. This was probably why I haven't put much of an effort in over at the other bloggity-blog. Bt Alas, my RFF persona is taking a bit of a vacation and I have been away from trash cinema long enough to be able to voice my opinion again. To start, I will hopefully be able to jot down a couple of words about some of the fine films I had the joy of viewing for RFF. I wanted to wait until after the festival ended before I voiced my opinion, and that time has finally come.

As much as I sound relieved the Festival has run it's course for 2009, I must say I learned a shitload of useful knowledge and met some great people. It became hectic at times, but in the long run it has been a valuable experience and helped kick start more than a couple of future plans this guy has for the Rotten Apple. When these ideas take a more cohesive form I'll be more than happy to share them with the rest of the world, but for now they need to be discussed in depth for a period of time. I just have to be sure not to bring my hopes up too much in case said plans don't see the light of day. For now, I'll just focus on asian gangster movies, peplum, and ozploitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment