Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama of Peace

As I read the Huffington Post this morning I was a bit surprised by the fact that President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. The first thing that popped in my head was "What did he do to win such an honorable award?". As I read the article and pondered momentarily, I came to the conclusion that it didn't really matter if he deserved it or not. What really mattered to me was the fact that he was yet again able to deal the Right Wing a sucker punch without even trying. That alone was enough for mee to laugh aloud, to myself, like a crazy person.

Sometimes I can't believe the kind of shit that comes out of the mouth of the right wing ignoramus. Here are a couple of the reduntant gems that I read today while at work.

RWers were complaining that there is no validity to the Nobel Prize these days because of past winners like Al Gore and Yassar Arafat.

First off, If it wasn't for Yassar Arafat, more Israelis and Palestinians would be dying on a daily basis. If I remember correctly, it was Yassar Arafat who agreed to the original cease-fires and peace talks in an attempt to step forward towards peace.

Al Gore educated the world at large on the dangers of global warming. Although there are still a couple of wingnuts out there who beleive global warming to be a myth, you can bet Al Gore made a great deal of people think about mankinds effect on the world at large. Who else, scientist, or politican, has been able to have that kind of impact on the World?

I also heard complaints about his name being submitted only after 19 days in office. So fucking what!! Just because his name was submitted in January doesn't mean it was set in stone. A submission is just a submission, the vote that awarded him the prize came pretty recently, most likely it was deliberated for dozens of hours among the Earth's Smartest. A choice for the Nobel doesn't happen overnight, assholes!!

I just hope he get's Time's Man of the Year. That will be a great kick to the junk to the whiny RWers.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment