Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Doomed Mixtape




I've been on an underground hip-hop tear over the last couple of days. Along with the Tosh and dub, I've been on a fairly steady diet consisting of Madlib and MF Doom. A couple of days ago I ran across the Doomed mixtape and I gotta say it was one of the driving forces in my mostly mundane work day.

1. DOOMposter Intro
2. Jake One – Trap Door (Ft. MF DOOM)
3. Donny Goines – Vinca Rosea [EXCLUSIVE]
4. MF DOOM – Paper Planes
5. Ryan Leslie – Addiction (Ft. Cassie & Fabolous)
6. J.Rocwell & Sugar Tongue Slim – Mandrake [EXCLUSIVE]
7. Mighty Underdogs – Gunfight (Ft. MF DOOM)
8. Nas – Speaks On DOOM
9. Nas – Hope (Ft. Chrisette Michelle)
10. 3rd Bass – Gas Face (Ft. MF DOOM)
11. Nov Ganon – Nettle Leaves [EXCLUSIVE]
12. Lil’ Wayne – A Milli
13. MF DOOM – A Milli Freestyle
14. J. Dilla – Sniper Elite (Ft. MF DOOM)
15. Nero – Eucalyptus [EXCLUSIVE]
16. Kool G. Rap – Ill Street Blues
17. Rick Ross – Speedin’ (Ft. R. Kelly)
18. Jabee – Meditation [EXCLUSIVE]
19. MF DOOM – Boulder Holder
20. Justice – We Are Your Friends
21. Jay-Z – Pray
22. MF DOOM – I Hear Voices (Live)
23. J-Snyder – The Magic Message [EXCLUSIVE]
24. Big Boi – Royal Flush (Ft. Raekwon & Andre 3000)
25. Lil’ Wayne – Got Money (Ft. T-Pain)
26. T-Pain – Can’t Believe It (Ft. Lil’ Wayne)
27. J. Dilla – Mash’s Revenge (Ft. MF DOOM & Guilty Simpson)
28. MF DOOM – Hoe Cakes [Ant Remix]
29. Kumi Hues – Camphor [EXCLUSIVE]
30. MF DOOM – Shimmy Shimmy Ladies



Most of the songs on it are pretty dope, even the Lil' Wayne song, and I'm not a fan of his...at all. It would have worked without the T-Pain, but I guess it's a good idea to try to hook the younger generation in. Throw in some Kool G Rap and the 3rd Bass classic "Gasface) and I was sold. The best part about, besides having a shit load of MF Doom songs, is the mix is free. Everybody knows nothing is better than free. In fact, you can download it here. Pay close attention to the song Mandrill by J.Rocwell & Sugar Tongue Slim. I'm pretty sure this mix was the first time the track saw the light of day and it's one of the highlights.

Jesus fuck I love the Hip-Hop. Free Hip-Hop.

1 comment:

  1. When I get a new follower, I often check out if they do a blog and if they do multiple, I usually only check out the movie blog that they do and skip the other stuff. For whatever reason, I checked out this one and I'm very glad that I did.

    I love MF DOOM...he is one of my favorite hip hop artists and I didn't know that this was even out there, let alone that it was free! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete