Friday, September 25, 2009

First post aka Why?

I have been severely slacking on the film blog as of late. When I started it last Winter, I posted on a fairly regular basis and it was something that I was really into. Writing about a subject I love(trash cinema) could never get tiring...or so I thought.

As the days got warmer, I started to post less and less. It wasn't that I was watching less movies. Quite the contrary actually. I started working the Royal Flush Festival so I started watching way more movies than a human should ever want to over such a short period of time. I loved it, but I couldn't prioritize my own tastes in cinema over the FF entries. In the end, the Royal Flush team is more important than Howard the Duck or Sonny Chiba.

I also had a great deal of free time last Winter and Spring. I had been single for close to 2 years and I was so set in that lifestyle. I had plenty of time to watch movies, because my time was all my own, and I could be as selfish as I wanted. But things changed around my Birthday and I added something to my lifestyle that hadn't previously existed for quite a long time: a Girlfriend. A very lovely lady who, at this point, currently shares my residence and holds my heart. And again, far more important to me than watching Jimmy Wang Yu bang loose white women. Mary has been an important part of my life since she stepped into it, and will continue to be for a very long time.

And last but not least, the reasons why I decided to start a PERSONAL blog. I have many more interests than movies I would love to write about that don't belong on Cinematografo Dei Trash. I....Triumphant gives me the opportunity to hone my own ability to write, a hobby/art form I rather enjoy, and at they same time give me more of a drive to create. The idea is,if I can update this blog on a regular basis, it will give me the practice I need to have the drive to update the writing I do for CdT. I consider it the scrimmage rather than the game.

Some people might actually find my life and thoughts interesting enough to read. I sure hope so. Mostly because I love feedback. There is nothing more entertaining and mind-numbing to read than a blog's comment section....except maybe the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment